Understanding Pancreatic Cancer
Pancreatic cancer starts when the cells in the pancreas grow out of control forming a tumor. The most common types of pancreatic cancer is the pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. It can happen in the head, body or tail of the pancreas. The pancreatic cancers are divided into two main groups:
- Exocrine cancers beginning in the exocrine cells that make enzymes.
- Endocrine cancers also known as neuroendocrine tumors starting in the endocrine cells producing hormones.
Causes , Symptoms and Risk factor
Scientists don’t know the exact causes of pancreatic cancer.
The most common symptoms of pancreatic cancer is include:
- unexplained weight loss
- abdominal and back pain
- changes to bowel habits
- loss of appetite
- nausea and vomiting
- recently diagnosed diabetes
- difficulty swallowing
The risk factors include age, obesity, gender, diabetes, smoking cigarettes, cirrhosis of the liver.
Detect pancreatic Cancer : Now what
If you have any symptoms of pancreatic cancer, it is important to visit your GP. Your doctor will ask you to undergo several tests to find out whether you have pancreatic cancer. Once you are diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, your doctors will use the following tests which will aid to decide the best treatment for you:
- ultrasound scan of the abdomen
- blood tests
- MRI scan
- CT scan
- Magnetic resonance cholangio-pancreatogrpahy (MRCP)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-Pancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound Scan (EUS)
- PET-CT Scan
Treatments for Pancreatic Cancer
The treatments for pancreatic cancer include the following:
- Surgery such as a Whipple’s operation is used to completely remove the cancer.
- Other types of surgery or procedures such as having a stent inserted or bypass surgery which will help to relieve the symptoms.
- Radiotherapy will be used on its own or with chemotherapy for controlling the cancer and relieving the symptoms. Occasionally, it will also be used before surgery to remove the cancer.
- Chemotherapy will be used after and occasionally before the surgery for removing cancer. If the surgery to remove the cancer is not possible, then chemotherapy is used to slow down the cancer growth and relieve the symptoms.
- Clinical trials are medical research studies including the pancreatic cancer patients who are seeking better treatments such as the better ways to use chemotherapy, surgery and radiotherapy.
Why India is top choice of international patients for pancreatic Cancer Treatment?
We have association with excellent oncologist in India sharing patient care and expertise to offer the highest standard of healthcare. The oncologists in India are highly knowledgeable and experienced to offer the international level of healthcare and hospitality to the patients.
At Forerunners Healthcare Consultants in India, we provide the affordable cost of medical treatments for pancreatic cancer from the top doctors at the best cancer hospitals in the world.
Top Named Hospitals
There is no dearth of international standard hospitals across India. Our team will assist our patients from across the globe with easy access to the top named hospitals in the country. The hospitals in India have the best infrastructure, world class medical facilities at affordable costs, high tech cancer surgery hospitals have team of surgical specialists, comprehensive range of imaging and laboratory services.
There are zero waiting lists in India as compared to the long patient wait lists in the developed countries such as the USA, US, Europe, etc.
The success rate for the treatments of pancreatic surgery is higher in India. Patients undergoing a Whipple surgery have a 25 percent five-year survival rate.
Forerunners Healthcare Consultants is a pioneer offering the best treatments for pancreatic cancer in India. We have tied up with the top hospitals having specialized team of surgeons, oncologists and doctors who have extensive experience to provide excellent cancer treatments. We provide the highest standard of quality treatments which are at par with the West. Send us your query to us by filling up our free consultation form and our team of health coordinators will assist the global patients seeking the most affordable pancreatic cancer and treatments in India with necessary details.
Read more :