What is Pituitary Tumor?
Tumours that originate in the Pituitary Gland are Pituitary Tumours. The Pituitary gland is a small gland that is found within the skull, right under the brain and on top of the nasal passages. This gland is directly connected with the Hypothalamus, which is an extremely vital part of our brain; also a major connection between the brain and the endocrine system. This particular system is a set of glands that create hormones and the Pituitary gland is the ‘master control gland’ because it generates those hormones that regulate the hormone levels produced by maximum Endocrine glands.
Causes and Symptoms
There are very few known risk factors that lead to the occurrence of Pituitary Gland Tumours. Some of them are:
- An individual, who is obese or overweight are much vulnerable to this issue
- People with family history
- Genetic Syndromes like:
- Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia (Type I) – MEN1
- Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia (Type IV) – MEN4
- McCune-Albright Syndrome
- Carney Complex
The symptoms that indicate that a patient might have developed a Pituitary Gland Tumor are:
- Vision issues
- Getting tired easily
- Impotence and Infertility
- Unexplained growth in the breast region or production of breast milk
- Cushing’s Syndrome that is the combination of High Blood Pressure, weight gain, Diabetes,
- Acromegaly, where there is enlargement of the limbs, thickening of the jaw and skull that happens due to too much growth hormone
Pituitary Tumor Treatment in India
Most of the Pituitary Tumours are not cancerous and the mode of treatment depends on the size of the tumours and also depends on if the gland is making excess hormones. In India, there is a wide range of treatment options available for Pituitary Gland tumours.
There are varied types of medications prescribed to the patients.
This form of treatment is very effective in controlling the excess growth of hormones.
There are high energy particle waves or X-rays used to kill the cells of tumours.
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) – an highly developed form of 3D Radiation Therapy
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery or Stereotactic Radiation Therapy – precise but high dose of radiation is delivered
- Proton Beam Radiation Therapy – instead of X-rays, beam of protons are used
There are two types of surgery implemented to eliminate such Pituitary Gland tumours:
- Transsphenoidal surgery – This approach is highly beneficial and effective because the brain is left safe and sound. A small incision is made in the nasal septum that is the cartilage amid the two sides of the nose or below the upper lip and above the teeth
- Another approach is by using an endoscope, where a small cut is made at the back of the septum
- Craniotomy – This procedure is to treat bigger tumours by making an opening in the front of the skull. In this, there are chances of the brain getting damaged but this approach is preferable when the surgeon needs to treat very complex tumours
Cost of Pituitary Tumor Treatment
Cancer treatment is not very easy to avail for many, and this is why there are many who have to face a fatal end. This is where India is boon for such patients; especially those needing Pituitary Tumour treatment. This because India has a very wide spectrum of Cancer cure options for Pituitary Gland Tumour and that too very reasonably priced. The pricing of Cancer treatment in India has brought Cancer cure totally within the reach for the patients from the most underprivileged nations.
Plan your Neuro treatment with Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants
The arrival of Medical Tourism has made it viable for innumerable patients to step beyond the boundaries of their countries and opt for better treatment options that are possible in other countries. As a medical tourism destination, there are hardly any other countries that have a chance to compete with India. Even for Cancer treatment, India has emerged as an extremely promising treatment destination for many patients. What makes India a furthermore favoured treatment venue is an outstanding medical tourism planner like Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants.
In India, Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants is there to assure the medical tourists about receiving the best medical tourism services. Be it patients from any corner of the world, Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants makes sure that they well taken care of. The healthcare tourism services, with which this consultant welcomes the patients, are:
In order to avail these services, the patients can get in touch with us:
- By calling us on our Internationals Helpline number: +91 9860755000
- By sending us an Email: email@example.com
- By filling up the Free Consultation Form given at our website: www.dheerajbojwani.com
Benefits with the Consultants
- Our network includes the top hospitals that offer the best pituitary tumour treatment
- The best Cancer specialists to choose the best course of treatment
- Coordination with hospitals and doctors is handled by us
- The needed treatment is started without the patients going through any waiting period
- The costs of the treatment and surgeries is extremely affordable
- Be it medical visa, arranging the hotel accommodation or airport pick up and drop – everything is organized by us
- Language translation services offered
- There is no compromise in the quality of services offered despite the treatment packages being so low priced
- Patients without insurance coverage are also welcomed by us
- We do not need any referrals
- We even have services with which we can plan a vacation for our patients – either before or after treatment