Advanced Prostate Cancer Prognosis
Talking about the advanced prostate cancer prognosis, only 70 5 of men are diagnosed with prostate cancer. In order to find out the survival rate or prognosis of prostate cancer, the men suffering from the same are subtracted from the calculations. Now, talking about the survival rates, a number of people suffering from prostate cancer of advance level are seen surviving in the following ways as per the causes:
- 99 percent of men suffering from the advance level prostate cancer if treated on time can lead a life more than five years after their diagnosis.
- For more than 90 percent men having local prostate cancer, the survival rate is much better than expected. In fact, almost 100 percent of these people can easily live beyond five years.
Symptoms of Advance Prostate Cancer
Talking about the symptoms, it will depend upon the kind of cancer it has spread over your body. You could get a couple of symptoms; however, the cancer can easily spread over the time bringing in more amounts of symptoms. This simply does not often occur with cancer, which has spread all over. Now, if we talk about the symptoms of the advance prostate cancer, the following are they:
- Extreme level of Fatigue
- Urinary Issues
- Bowel Issues
- Fractured bones
- Issues in sex
- Issues while eating
- Metastatic Spinal Cord Compression
As per reports, nine out of 10 men having prostate cancer are known to have localised cancer, however, none of these are seen dying before the passage of five years. The same report also suggests that only 5 percent of men are reported with advanced prostate cancer during the time of diagnosis. However, once the cancer is spread in other parts of the body, the survival rate is seen falling. Men with advanced prostate cancer, only 1/3 of them are seen surviving beyond five years of its diagnosis. There are many men who with the issue of prostate cancer will live beyond five years after the diagnosis.
Your Treatment Option
If you are diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer, you have certain treatment options, which are as discussed below:
- Hormone Therapy: the male hormones called as testosterone is known to support the prostate cancer and its growth inside your body. By reducing the extent of testosterone inside your body, the spread and growth of prostate cancer can be reduced to a great extent. Employing hormone therapy, which is also called as androgen ablation (or androgen deprivation) therapy, you can begin with your prostate cancer treatment option. Most of the male hormone testosterone is simply produced with the help of testicles; however, if you remove the same using any surgical procedure, the chances of getting away from the advanced prostate cancer is possible. Though a majority of these therapies prove effective for men, they often not prove out too curative for most of the men who are known to have hormone refractory prostate cancer.
- Chemotherapy: This is one of the most common methods to remove cancer from the body and advanced prostate cancer is no exception. Thus patients who do not get benefitted from hormone therapy become the candidate for chemotherapy. Though earlier chemotherapy was used only to get rid of the symptomatic metastatic diseases, however, since 2004, it is also used to get rid of the cancer from the body.
- Immunotherapy: The Immunologic agents are simply employed just to stimulate the immune system of the patients simply to respond against the different types of cancer and advance prostate cancer is also one of them. The patients suffering from these types of cancer can choose for Provenge (sipuleucel-T), which is on one of the effective immunotherapy treatment option meant to use the immune system of the patient in order to find out and treat the prostate cancer cells.
The treatment for advanced prostate cancer is enhancing with every passing day. Thanks to the consistent research studies being carried out in this regard. However, at present, one has limited treatment options for the same.